Location: Star House, 104-108 Grafton Road, NW5 4BA
Closing Date: 11 March 2019
Interview Date: 15 March 2019
Application Method: CV and Supporting Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust is looking to expand its national work backed by a growth-oriented fundraising development plan and we’re looking for a dynamic, creative and hard-working individual to join our small team of dedicated professional fundraisers. We work in a fast-paced, but friendly and supportive environment, where you can be sure that your contribution will have a real impact on the charity’s ability to deliver its vital work to thousands of young people.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Grants Manager, the Fundraising Assistant will play a pivotal role in helping the Trust achieve its plan to sustainably grow income through trusts and foundations, fundraising events and individual donors.
This is a varied role which will include writing and sending applications to Trusts and other grant making bodies, researching and updating information on new trusts we can apply to and managing and reporting to a portfolio of smaller Trusts.
The Fundraising Assistant will also assist the wider fundraising team with fundraising events, donor stewardship, database administration and prospect research.
* Donor research, including identifying new prospects and matching funders to Anne Frank Trust work across the UK.
* Writing compelling funding proposals for smaller programmes (up to 5K) to new and existing grant giving bodies to match donor interests with the Trust’s programme of work.
* Writing funding reports for donors.
* Writing timely thank you letters for donors.
* Maintaining and creating records on the donor database.
* Working with the Database Assistant to improve grant recording and reporting on the database.
* Supporting the Grants Manager to manage a portfolio of Trusts.
* Be an active member of the fundraising team; attend regular team meetings and assist with fundraising events and other areas as required.
* Support the Events Manager and Fundraising and Database Assistant with delivery of events at any point in the process.
* Support the Development Director with donor stewardship and corporate prospect research.
* Work effectively with members of the Education and Communication Teams to gather the background materials – e.g. case studies, images, and evaluation data – required to support effective donor communications.
* Undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade and relevant to the objectives of the wider team as agreed with the line manager.
* Ensure that records are kept in line with the new General Data Protection Regulations.
* Be aware of and abide by all relevant Anne Frank Trust policies and procedures, especially Health and Safety and Diversity.
The post will be subject to a six month probationary period. Please download the full job description here.